Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Live Simply... A Simple Craft Project

I purchased this little shutter at a local barn sale. It was previously painted black and I just wasn't sure what I was going to do with it. But, I figured I would think of something. And why pass up a cute shutter if you have the chance to buy one for cheap? :)


One day I finally decided to give it a coat of Annie Sloan™ Old White paint. It sure brightened it up from the old black that was on there. And, suddenly, I got inspired!

I had made previously some burlap flowers with vintage buttons from a tutorial I'd seen on Pinterest. I pulled those out and attached them to the shutter. 


I loved the simplicity of this little project. So I decided to add some simple text too. :)


I used my scrapbook stencils to pencil them on and then painted over the pencil with Graphite. 

Hope you like it :)
{and if you do, go ahead and like our fb page too...

We're sharing this shutter at
SixSistersStuff.com

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea and I am shamefully going to copy you...LOL; I have a similar shutter somewhere in my stash

    Thanks for sharing!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They say imitation is the highest form of flattery. And I'll gladly take it! lol. Glad you liked it and thanks for the nice comment!

      Delete

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover