Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A Chalkboard in Bloom

Today I wanted to tell you a little bit more about our spring chalkboard that was hanging next to our new mail holder made from a shutter that I shared yesterday. 

This little goodie was already a chalkboard. But, the surface was pretty much shot. You just couldn't write on it anymore.

We had this particular item donated to us by a woman who saw us at our very first show and loved our stuff. She just so happened to have a few things in her car that she was planning on taking to Goodwill that day. Instead, she brought them back to our booth and made a donation to On A Whim! 
People can be so nice :)
All I did for this piece was paint the chalkboard itself with Ce Ce Caldwell's Emerald Isle and then I used Annie Sloan Aubusson Blue on the frame and dry brushed some Ce Ce's Santa Fe Turquoise over that. I love the effect! 

I printed some letters off of my computer and cut around them. I then cut 3" x 3" squares out of some springy-green scrapbook paper I had and made them into triangles. I glued the letters onto those and I attached the flags to a piece of teal yarn I had picked up somewhere in a free bin with some blue flower brads I had laying around in my scrapbook stash.
I just love the combination of blue and green, don't you? :)

4 comments:

  1. Denise, I love the chalkboard, the colours are so cute together. So glad you came to my blog because now I have discovered yours. hugs Tobey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really sweet of you to say :) Thank you so much! It means a lot.

      Delete
  2. Nice & Informative Blog !
    thanks for sharing excellent if you are QuickBooks user then contact at team at
    quickbooks phone number QuickBooks Solution

    ReplyDelete
  3. i enjoyed your Article .if you have facing various issues in QuickBooks .Get instant quickbooks solution issue call at quickbooks customer service

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover