Friday, September 12, 2014

Rustic Fall Vignettes

Old Books and Pretty Flowers in a Fall Vignette from Denise on a Whim
I finally got my FALL on!
And just in time, too.
The last few days have been downright chilly in these parts!
Today I'm showing you a couple of small vignettes I created in my living room.
The first place we'll visit is my Printer's Tray Shelf.
I started with a few dollar store pumpkins that I painted in white.
On this one, I added a little bit of teacup blue.Painted Dollar Store Pumpkin in a Fall Vignette from Denise on a Whim
I added a few old books in a nice deep red
and a painted pot full of burnt orange stems.
Painted Dollar Store Pumpkina and Vintage Books in a Fall Vignette from Denise on a Whim
My coordinating painted pedestal sits on the other side of the shelf
with a rusty spring holding a few leaves.
I added another painted pumpkin and a few coordinating blocks.
Rusty Springs and Leaves in a Fall Vignette from Denise on a Whim
 For the finishing touches,
I added a garland made of leaves (again from the dollar store).
The printer's tray has the perfect little nooks for fun stuff like
a few painted painted wooden blocks to spell AUTUMN.
Rustic Fall Vignette on a Printer's Tray Shelf from Denise on a Whim

On the other side of my living room,
is my second vignette.
I started with a few pieces of scrap wood and some turquoise, red and coral paint.
Scrap Wood Letters in a Fall Vignette from Denise on a Whim
Then I added my chalkboard easel.
Chalkboard Easel in a Fall Vignette from Denise on a Whim
And an old leather tool holder
with some coral flowers from the dollar store.
Leather Tool Holder with Flowers in a Fall Vignette from Denise on a Whim
 Some leaves scattered here and there.
I painted a few of them with teacup blue chalk paint to coordinate.
Dollar Store Leaves with Chalk Paint in a Fall Vignette from Denise on a Whim
This picture I took of my kids last year
is a great compliment to the rest of the items on the shelf.
Love that big  leaf they're holding! 
Displaying Family Photos in a Fall Vignette from Denise on a Whim
 It's resting on the frame of an old rusty bike seat.
Photo Displayed on a Rusty Bike Seat Frame a Fall Vignette from Denise on a Whim
 The colors look great on my Rusty Metal Shelf!
Rusty and Rustic Fall Vignette from Denise on a Whim
With the recent cool-down here,
my new fall decor is great to look at
while I'm snuggled up on the couch in a blanket!

Let's keep in touch...
Your comments make me smile :) 'Til next time!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover