Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Log Slice Reindeer

The Cutest DIY Reindeer Made from Log Slices via Denise on a Whim
I asked a friend of mine to cut some log slices for me a short time ago.
When I got a pile of them, these misshapen logs reminded me of reindeer.
The rings in the logs had naturally formed a nose so I saw it pretty easily.
I thought I'd try it out and I love them!

I decided to try using twigs for the antlers,
to keep everything natural.
Also, I had a pile of twigs in my house from when I made my twig stars.
DIY Reindeer Made from Log Slices via Denise on a Whim
I went ahead and broke apart a twig to use for the base of each antler.
Then I drilled a hole large enough for the 2 base twigs in the top of the log slice.
Rustic Reindeer Made from Log Slices and Twigs via Denise on a Whim
I used Gorilla Glue to attach the base twigs and let it dry.
Then I broke apart smaller pieces of twig to put together the antlers.
Adorable Reindeer Made from Log Slices and Twigs via Denise on a Whim
 After the Gorilla Glue dried (and, of course, expanded!)
I painted the white glue in Chestnut to disguise it.
It worked great and you can hardly tell the glue is there.
Adorable Reindeer Made from Log Slices and Twigs via Denise on a Whim
Next I simply painted a big red nose and two oval eyes onto the log slice.
Adorable Reindeer Made from Log Slices via Denise on a Whim
I just can't get over how stinking cute they are!
Adorable Reindeer Made from Log Slices via Denise on a Whim

Let's keep in touch...
Your comments make me smile :) 'Til next time!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover